Friday 25 February 2011

Obelisk

I would like to write down what happened in my grandmother's house the summer I was eight or nine, but I am not sure if it really did happen.

Another Booker winner starts this blog. And a reminder about the leading quotes; they are first lines from books I've read over the last year or so. They're in no particular order, the earlier ones come from the books at the bottom of the piles beside my bed. Sometimes I may find a way to relate them to the blog, like yesterday I was in in Dubai and Salmon Fishing in Yemen provided a coincidental and very tenuous link. You may know or guess or try to find out which book opens with the first lines posted. There's no reward or anything since I'm asking that you consider sponsoring me to walk (or continue to blog beforehand).

Back in Ireland to vote, I started the day with another walk across Killiney Hill, this time with family and dog, pictured at the Obelisk. I've been snapping the pictures with my iPhone, editing them with Camera+ and then uploading them to Picasa with PicUpp.

No comments:

Post a Comment